Hey, do you need to know a means of getting extra stuff completed, in document time? Wish to enhance the effectivity of your workforce? Wish to be taught the simplest means (I do know of) to rid your self of procrastination?
I used to be taking so.
There's no time like the current so let's get crackin '.
For the document, I'm a pure born professional …
Procrastinator, that’s. Yep, I'll admit it. I'll put issues off earlier than a New York minute.
I searched for prime and low for a “system” to assist preserve me on monitor, make me extra productive and simply plain get issues completed in a simple vogue.
Fortunately, I discovered the holy grail of “enterprise productiveness techniques.” No mess. No fuss. No rattling software program to put in. It was silly easy and it really works.
OK, simply to maintain issues on the up facet (and my Karma sparkly clear), I didn’t invent this little tactic, so I can’t take credit score for it.
This system was invented over 100 years in the past. And it really works like a appeal.
The genius behind the approach was Ivy Lee happed to be an American public professional and founding father of trendy public relations.
Right here's the story.
It was 1918 and really rich Charles M. Schwab, president of Bethlehem Metal Company requested Lee to “present me a strategy to get extra issues completed.”
Lee responded, “Give me 15 minutes with every of your executives.”
Schwab requested, “How a lot will it value me?”
“Nothing,” Lee stated. “With out it really works. After three months, you may pay me no matter you are feeling it's value to you.”
Lee defined his easy technique for getting extra issues completed to every of Schwab's executives.
The Ivy Lee Technique
- On the finish of every workday, write down the six most vital issues it’s good to get completed tomorrow. Don’t write down greater than six duties.
- Prioritize these six objects so as of the significance.
- While you get to work tomorrow, start engaged on the primary process. Hold engaged on the primary process till the duty is completed earlier than beginning the second process.
- Work the reminder of your checklist the identical means. On the finish of the day, transfer any unfinished objects to a brand new checklist of six duties for the next day.
- Repeat this course of every working day.
Sure, that is loopy easy. Schwab and his workforce courageous it a try for 3 months.
Did it work? Sure, it labored … extraordinarily nicely.
In truth, it labored so nicely that Schwab known as Lee into his workplace and wrote him a examine for $ 25,000.
So, should you're searching for a strategy to get extra completed, with out complicating your life, why not give this a try in your enterprise?